20 Sep “Tortilla” Chips (Sourdough discard)
- 100g sourdough starter discard
- 60g flour of choice (whole wheat, all-purpose, or a blend of each)
- 10-20g melted butter or oil
- 1/4 t. sea salt, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 t. (or to taste) Mexican/taco seasoning (may have to adjust salt if seasoning contains salt)
- Mix all ingredients. (If desired, let sit to ferment for 2-3 hours to make flour more digestible)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut a large sheet of parchment.
- Place half the dough on the parchment, roll out until paper thin, make sure there are no thick parts of the dough–it should be very thin.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the rolled dough into 2-inch rows across and 2-inch columns, place jagged scraps in with the unrolled dough. Cut diagonal lines through the squares to form triangle shapes.
- Sprinkle salt to taste over the cut dough.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown and crisp, watch them since they can burn easily.
- Place baked chips into a bowl to cool.
- Repeat steps 4-8 with remaining dough.
- Serve when cooled.