16 Oct Sourdough Discard Crackers
- 100 g sourdough starter discard
- 60 g flour of choice (I love to use freshly ground whole wheat)
- 20-30 g melted butter or oil
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1-2 t. favorite seasoning or herb mix—rosemary, ranch seasoning, Mexican seasoning, etc. (may have to adjust salt if seasoning contains salt)
- Optional: add 10-20 g shredded pecorino or parmesan cheese if desired
- Mix all ingredients. (If desired, let sit to ferment for 2-3 hours to make flour more digestible)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out thin onto parchment until about 1-2 mm thick.
- Cut dough into squares, strips, diamonds, or other cracker shapes. Use a fork to poke the tops of each cracker. Sprinkle some extra sea salt on top before baking. (For a sheen, brush on additional oil or melted butter before topping with sea salt)
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until all crackers are crisp.