I love creating recipes for my own family and now in two books written with the beginner and intermediate baker in mind!
The feedback people have for my new book Celebrate with Bread Baking has been incredible as people are finding new recipes to celebrate, rediscovering cultural favorites, and having great results with my clear, detailed directions!
70 brand new recipes organized in five sections: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Special Occasions. Of the 70, 22 are quick bread recipes (look for sourdough versions in my Recipes section!), 17 are direct dough using conventional yeast, and 31 recipes that use a starter and can be converted to sourdough if you use the timing conversion noted!
From people barely dipping their toe into baking (Doesn’t get easier than Beer Bread and Irish Soda Bread!) to intermediate bakers will find recipes to delight their friends and family on special occasions and holidays.
This book is unique because it also serves as a global bread passports introducing you to breads from around the world and including a wide variety of celebrations. Everyone is welcome to the table!
Some of my favorite recipes are:
- Savory Scones
- Grandma’s Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- Mini Monkey Breads
- Cinnamon-Sugar Pull-Apart Bread
- Vegetarian Bolani
- Soft Herb Potato Rolls
- Cheese-Herb Babka
- Kulich Easter Bread (Paska)
- Zucchini Spice Quick Bread
- Grilled Pizzas
- Bavarian-Inspired Pretzel Rolls
- Sour Cream Banana Bread with Candied Pecans
- Apple Fritter Quick Bread
- Honey, Apple, and Raisin Challah
- Skillet Cinnamon-Apple Bread
- Baguette Rolls
- Gingerbread Scones with Eggnog Icing
- Baked Brie Tear-and Share Wreath
- and so many more!
Everyday Bread Baking is my first published book and it includes 8 master recipes with 34 additional recipes that build on the master recipes to help you continue building on your bread making skills.
ALL the recipes are sourdough based! There are conversions available to use instant yeast instead.
The 8 master recipes have step by step photos of the entire process which makes this book an incredible resource.
My favorite recipes in this book are:
- Sourdough Sandwich Loaf
- Cinnamon Raising Swirl Bread
- Italian-style Pizza
- Whole-Wheat Honey-Oat Sandwich Loaf
- Seeded Whole-Wheat Sandwich Loaf
- Pita Bread
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Soft Pretzels
- Chocolate Hazelnut Babka
- Cinnamon Wreath Bread
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chips Sourdough Bread
- Cranberry Orange Hot Cross Buns
- Whole-Wheat Challah Bread
- Molasses Spice Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Star Bread
- Caramel Pecan Sticky Buns